Walton-Verona Athletics would like to welcome you to our website! Get the latest sports news, schedules, events and other information here.
Thursday, April 27th:
• Varsity Softball defeated Bracken County 17-2 in 4 innings.
o Alyson Poore collects first win on the mound.
o Brooke Perry had two hits (triple and single) with 4RBI’s; Erin Beighle had 2 hits and 3 RBI’s; Addisyn Michael had two hits with a triple and double.
• Middle School Baseball team fell to the Raiders of Trimble County 8-4.
Wednesday, April 26th:
• Varsity Baseball team defeated KCD 2-1 in the All “A” State Sectional. They will now play on May 6th at 10:00AM at Whitaker Bank in Lexington in the Elite 8 State:
o Braxton Foley complete game 3 hitter with 10 strikeouts and 0 walks
o Logan Harris was 1-2 with game winning homerun in the top of the 6th.
o Foley 1-4, Tilley 1-1, and Brauer 1-2
• Varsity Girls Tennis fell to Boone County 4-1; Addie Hincks and Madi Rabe were winners in #1 Doubles.
Tuesday, April 25th:
• Middle School baseball team defeated Bellevue 22-4
• Boys & Girls Middle School Soccer falls to Owen County and Williamstown
• Varsity Softball falls to Grant County 8-1.
Monday, April 24th:
• Varsity Softball defeated Carroll County 9-5:
o Faith Alford went the distance for the win
o Hitting leaders were Bonnie Walton 4-4, Aubri Anderson 2-2; Addisyn Michael 2-3 with a double, and faith Alford 2-4
• Varsity baseball defeated Gallatin County 5-0, with Logan Harris getting the complete game win:
o Hitting Leaders: James Tilley 2-2, Jeremy Moran 2-3, Tyler Wagner 2-3, and Logan Harris 2-4 with 3 RBI’s.
• Varsity Boys Tennis defeated Carroll County 4-1, while the girls fell 5-0 to the Panthers.
• Middle School Baseball defeated Eminence 12-2.
• Varsity Boys & Girls Track teams had convincing wins over Scott High School in a Dual Meet!
Saturday, April 22nd:
The Bass Fishing team competed in the KHSAA Regional Tournament at Lake Cumberland on Saturday. Colton Catlett and Hunter Ruber caught the maximum of 5 fish, with a weight of around 8 lbs.
Friday, April 21st:
• The Varsity Baseball team defeated Trimble County 3-1:
o Jeremy Moran got the win with 7 strikeouts; Jake Kopser went 1-3 with a double; Jeremy Moran was 1-2 with an RBI; Micah Alford was 13 with a double and an RBI; Braxton Foley & Kyle Clines each had huge sacrifice bunts that led to the winning runs. The Bearcats are now 12-4 on the season.
• The Softball team fell to NCC 3-1. Faith Alford went the distance for the 4th straight day for the Lady Bearcats.
Thursday, April 20th:
• The Varsity softball team defeated Lloyd 15-7
o Faith Alford got the win, going all 7 innings.
o Aubri Anderson went 2-3, scoring 4 runs; Addisyn Michael was 2-3 with 4 RBI’s; Alyson Poore and Rachel Hendren each has 2 RBI’s.
• The Varsity Baseball team defeated Williamstown 12-2 in 5 innings:
o Travis Smith got the win; Micah Alford was 3-4 with 2 doubles and 3RBI’s; Logan Harris was 2-2 with 2 RBI’s
Wednesday, April 19th:
Sarah Johnston signed with Campbellsville University for Soccer today at WVHS:
• Boys Tennis team won the NCKC Conference Title with Jacob Elstun winn ing the All “A” Singles title, with Jacob Elstun finishing as runner up.
• Middle School Baseball team fell to Carroll County 3-2.
• Varsity Softball team fell to Williamstown 4-3 in 8 innings.
• Boys & Girls Track teams won the NCKC Conference Titles:
o Boys Conference Champions: Lawson 200/110 Hurdles/300Hurdles, Schlutz 1600/3200; C. Shazier Triple Jump; M. Shazier Discus; Bonne High Jump;
o Girls Conference Champions: Webster 100 hurdles; Mulcahy 100; Baker Discuss; Gutman High Jump; Akins 800/1600.
Tuesday, April 18th:
• NCKC Boys Tennis Tourney: Ben & Jacob Elstun qualified for the singles Championship. Will be playing this Conference Championship at the Complex at 4:30!
• Middle School Girls Soccer fell to Carroll County 3-0, Boys Middle School team fell to Carroll County 4-1
• Middle School Baseball team defeated Calvary 13-6
• Varsity Softball team defeated Simon Kenton 8-6, while the JV Girls fell to the pioneers 9-6.
o Highlights from the Varsity win: Brooke Perry game tying two out grand slam to tie the game in the 6th. Alyson Poore and Faith Alford RBI’s doubles to give Bearcats the lead. Aubrielle Anderson 2-2 on the night, and Alford with the complete game win.
o Varsity Baseball team defeated Simon Kenton 10-8:
o Logan Harris the win, Braxton Foley the save
o James Tilley 2-5, Jake Kopser 2-4, Foley 2-4, Brauer 3-5
Saturday, April 15th:
• Varsity Track Teams at Campbell County:
o Girls Results: Akins 3rd 800; Webster 3rd Hurdles; 4x1 3rd; Strunk 2nd in Shot Put; Girls finished 8th out of 19 teams.
o Boys Results: Curry Shazier 1st in Triple Jump; Matt Shazier 3rd in Discuss; Lawson 2nd in Hurdles; Boys finished 7th out of 20 teams.
• Varsity Baseball fell to Henry County 7-6, but the JV Team defeated the Wildcats 11-6.
Friday, March 24th:
• JV Baseball team defeated Simon Kenton 11-10
• Varsity Softball team fell to Boone County 13-2
• Track at Boone Winners: Lawson both hurdles, Bonne High Jump, Girls 4 x 8
o Top 3 Finishers: Webster hurdles, Waters 400, Shazier High Jump, Strunk Shot Put, Zwick Discuss
Thursday, March 23rd:
• The Varsity Softball team fell to Campbell County 12-0
Wednesday, March 22nd:
• The Varsity Baseball team fell to Highlands 12-0.
• The Varsity Boys Tennis team remained unbeaten defeating Boone County 5-0.
Tuesday, March 21st:
• The Varsity Boys Tennis Team remained unbeaten with a 5-0 win over Dixie Heights
• The Varsity Boys & Girls Track team won the Lloyd Invitational:
o Girls winners were: Brandey Webster in both hurdles and 100 yard dash, Lauren Mulcahy in the 200, McCall Ponzer in the 400 and High Jump, and Grace Baker in the shot put.
o Boys Winners were: Lawson in the 400 & 110 Hurdles, Bonne in the High Jump, and Curry Shazier in the Triple Jump
• The boys baseball team defeated holy cross last night by a score of 8 to 4. Braxton Foley was the winning pitcher. Dawson Moffett got the save. Hitting leaders were Jeremy Moran who went 1-2 with four RBI, Tyler Wagner 1-2 with a homerun and Logan Harris had two hits and an RBI.
• The Middle School Baseball team fell to Trimble County 9-3
• The Middle School Track teams both won the Lloyd Invite:
o Girls Winners were: Spillman in the hurdles, C. Waters in the 200, 400, 800, Gamm in the 100, Hurles in the 1600, Lightner in the 300 hurdles, and Buerger in the Shot and Discuss
o Boys Winners were: Perry in the 800 & 1600, Delahunty in the 400.
Monday, March 20th:
• The Varsity boys tennis team defeated Gallatin County 4-1 yesterday, while the JV Girls team fell to the wildcats 3-0. The Varsity boys host Dixie today at 4:00 at the sports complex.
• The Varsity Softball team fell to Henry County 9-2. Addisyn Michael hit a homerun in the loss, while Faith Alford had a double.
Saturday, March 18th
Over the weekend the girls and boys Varsity track teams competed at the Villa Relay for Life.
The girls finished 4th out of 19 and were led by outstanding efforts from all relay teams, Ashley Akins and Madison Lohr in the 2 mile, Emma Gutman in the High Jump and Julia Strunk and Grace Baker in the Throwing Events.
The boys also had a great day finishing in 6th place out of 20 team. Junior Hurdler Luke Lawson led the way winning the 110 Hurdles. Trey Bonne also had a great day clearing 5 feet 10 inches in high jump while Matt Shazier placed 3rd in the Turbo Javelin. The Boys sprint relay teams also pulled of top 3 finishes.
Wednesday, March 8th:
• The Boys Tennis team defeated Cooper yesterday 3-2, while the Varsity Girls Tennis team fell to the Jags 3-2
Thursday, March 2nd:
• The Varsity Boys Basketball fell in the 8th region tournament to South Oldham last night. The Bearcats finish the year 26-7, 8th Region All “A” Champs, NCKC Conference Champs, and 32nd District Champions.